Wednesday 4 July 2018

Arataki Trip




Fun times at Arataki

BANG. Ouch, that hurt. I’m guessing we went over a bump and I banged my head on the window. How dare that bump wake me from my beauty sleep. Nevermind now, I think I’m awake.We’re here” Miss Green called to the kids in the bendy bus. Wow, that really gave me a fright. We all got out, cleaned our shoes and had a snack.

We were walking doing our worksheets when we heard the beautiful sounds of a single tui. It was nice and I really did feel like I was in the forest even though I was only on the loop track.

While I was doing my worksheet we had a something to write down. It was about that whole forest being a potato farm a while ago, so we wrote it down and we had to draw a picture for it. I came up with the idea of a couch potato farm! So I drew three potatoes sitting on couches and I laughed, they were pretty funny. This is my famous Couch Potato.

Ms Best, our old Garden To Table teacher now works at Arataki and we had a workshop with her. She taught us about photosynthesis which is where plants make their own food and about the leaf life cycle.

We went for a bug hunt deep into the forest. On the way down we used mirrors to look up at the canopy. And when we got there we scooped up some soil, we put them in our tray and then some of us used pooters to suck up the bugs. After that we had to find out what what type of bug they were. I found a millipede and two small jumpy bugs. After we carried everything back up we packed all our stuff and left.

I had lots of fun at Arataki and I would like to go again some other time.
x

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic day Luka - and what luck you had Ms Best show you around Arataki!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.